VOTE EVERY DAY IN SEPTEMBER!!

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Last on the agenda

After spending 1 1/2 hours waiting to make a four minute report as the last one on a very long agenda this morning I spent some time with the animals in my office. This is Midnight II, sitting on timecards while I attempt to do payroll. While the same color as Midnight who was with me earlier this year, II is a long hair version. She has the run of the office and whenever she can will head across the hall to JW's office.

Here are the kittens with a curious Hershey. They are very curious whenever he sticks his nose up there to find out what's going on. The kittens spilled a full bowl of water at the end of the day so I let them have the run of the office while I cleaned up the spill, fed them and changed out the litter box. It was hilarious - all four were running all over my desk, darting around the floor. Hershey was totally confused, not knowing what to do. Midnight watched the chaos from my desk, above it all as an adult cat should be.

And this is Waldo who is already in his new home in Colorado. His personality just as sweet as his face. Knowing he is happy warms my heart and makes me smile. We were able to send two animals home with their family today. One had been with us for ten days for rabies observation after biting a meter reader. He was just defending his property and his owner was so excited to get him home. The other was a dog that came to us after the death of his owner. Luckily the owner's family wanted the little pug and came today to get him. I always worry most about the cats and dogs that come to us from loving homes - I worry that the stress of the shelter environment on top of the sudden loss of their person/people must be absolutely crushing.

A group of my friends on FB have been taking the
Do animals go to heaven? quiz. The answer of course is YES!!

No comments: