VOTE EVERY DAY IN SEPTEMBER!!

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Perks

There are perks for working at a shelter - like having an animal in my office during the work day. Last week I had a a very young puppy, a girl, asleep in my lap. She wasn't doing well over the weekend so after a visit to the clinic I got to give her some love and attention and a warm lap to sleep in.

This week I have an officemate, a young male chocolate lab who had surgery on Monday. He came to us limping and very shy - we thought his leg was broken. A borrowed x-ray visit (thank you Dr. J!) showed a bullet and shrapnel in his shoulder - it had been there a while. Dr. E. removed most of bullet and now our young man is recovering nicely. He greets me when I arrive in the morning and when I walk around the shelter he is waiting by the gate. (Yes, I installed a walk-thru gate on my office door, it's easier than crawling over a baby gate!) He responds to people walking by and loves having his ears scratched. He is so sweet and a good boy.

No comments: