VOTE EVERY DAY IN SEPTEMBER!!

Friday, November 21, 2008

Taking work home

It's Friday night and I've brought the office home with me. Joe has named the chocolate lab Coffee and tonight Coffee is lying next to my chaise sound asleep. After spending the week in my office around people it didn't seem fair to leave him for the weekend. Coffee and my two labs spent more than an hour sniffing, playing and settling down. All three have been asleep since.

We have finally had a sighting of the culprit responsible for destroying ceiling tiles in the utility room and the vet's office and a supervisor's office. We guessed a possum or raccoons. Well, this afternoon the vet walked by her office and glimpsed a grey and white cat going from her desk up into the ceiling! Now we know what to put in the trap so we can catch her and get her adopted out.

I came back from lunch today and looked down the hall of kennels where the puppies stay. There in the middle of the aisle was a tiny, tiny black puppy barking at the curtain that hangs halfway down. I put down my ice tea and went to catch him. He decided the game was on and took off down the aisle. I picked him up and then had to check with the clinic staff to find out which pen he had escaped from. He was placed back with his brothers and sisters - and had escaped again within 5 minutes! This time the whole litter was moved to a pen where the door is closer to the floor.

No comments: