VOTE EVERY DAY IN SEPTEMBER!!

Monday, January 19, 2009

Baby


I left work with a lighter heart Friday - both puppies I had in the office went to new homes. The baby rottweiler mix that had been with me since Tuesday was seen by a Mom with two young teenagers who immediately fell in love with him. But Mom said that Dad would never approve. The next morning when we opened the doors the entire family was there and Dad fell in love too. A great family for my baby boy. But what about the 6 week old white female pit mix that came in Wed? The two puppies had been playing and sleeping together for three days, how would she do alone? Could we find a foster for the weekend?

We didn't need to find a foster. My white baby girl pit was adopted by a young couple and late in the day Friday, she went home.

I'm often asked the name of the animal I have visiting in my office. To me they are all Baby. A defense against becoming too attached? Maybe. But t
he dogs and cats in our care are all my babies.

I went into the office on Saturday to pull up the carpet. I've had a request in for 8 months to have it done but after a week of puppies I decided to do it myself. Luckily it was carpet tiles and it came up easily. Next is to remove the adhesive and stain the concrete. Some things I can get done myself!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog and am so pleased to see that you pulled the carpet in your office. I was there a few weeks ago and loved seeing a little dog enjoying your office. Loved seeing that some of your furniture had been "refinished" by some of your guests as well. The shelter has long needed a hands-on caring manager. Brava!
Nancy/Dal Rescue