VOTE EVERY DAY IN SEPTEMBER!!

Friday, March 27, 2009

Chocolate Mom

This pretty chocolate lab was found this afternoon in the cold, pouring rain huddled over her five 10 day old puppies. When she was brought in she was quickly dried off and checked out by the clinic. Believe or not the puppies were mostly dry. Rather than place her and the pups in the general population (we so need an isolation ward!) they have taken up residence in my office. She's a good mom. A kiddie pool lined with a blanket is perfect, keeping the puppies warm and contained while allowing Mom to lie with them and nurse or move around the office. It's now been raining for hours and were are due to have snow by morning - I am so glad she and her family are with us.

But I know there are many other dogs and cats out there in this weather. Animals with owners who keep them outside with no shelter and no water - and drinking out of puddles of rain water in the yard doesn't count. It breaks my heart and makes me hug my own chocolate babies even harder.

No comments: