VOTE EVERY DAY IN SEPTEMBER!!

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Tipping the scales - bad wins

No, not the stock market (though that is depressing enough), I just feel like I was beaten with a really big bat. Yesterday I was so pumped and ready to look at ways to put the new cat assessment program in place, yet somehow today I was as low as I've been so far.

We are so understaffed - when even one person is unable to work, it puts tremendous pressure on everyone else. The work is never done and most days that's okay. I accept that we will come in tomorrow and essentially do the same thing we did yesterday. But today I wasn't accepting. How do we keep our compassion in our work every day? It's not okay to forget why we are here. It's not okay to blame the system or others for not getting the job done. And I have to keep saying, it's not just a job, it's not just a job.

Good things did happen today. A cruelty case is proceeding to trial. We've completed the next step of the master plan. Animals did go to new homes. All the puppies in the transfer program were adopted and in new homes within 72 hours.

It just wasn't enough to tip the scales for me, today.

No comments: